Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Vermont Energy Plan

Vermont is now debating its future energy policy. My students have just been assigned the job of reading the report and analyzing the recommendations in light of the work that they have done over the past year. Our state is in a bit of a crisis. Vermont Yankee will be decommissioned in next decade and our Hydro Quebec contract will expire in just a couple of years. These energy sources are responsible for almost 60% of the electricity in Vermont. Combine this with the fact that oil and LNG prices are rising fast and you have a problem in the shire.

So just what are the honorable ones planning to do about this issue. What is their plan? It is interesting that the simple overview is posted using Adobe but the rest of the report is in Word Perfect. Does anyone even use WP anymore? Using this format to make documents to make these documents public is not the best way to practice open government.

I'll be posting their reviews in a week.

7 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skiff...VT's energy conundrum is interesting. A state with relatively low power use, I'm sure it is still growing and will have to rely on updated contracts or brand new sources of energy to supply its future energy consumers. While it won't make up for the big contributions from VT Yankee and HQ, I imagine there is much potential in wind, solar, and agricultural waste. Of course, these will be more expensive than nuclear or hydro...so are Vermonsters willing to pay more for some energy independence?

My bet is that the VT Yankee plant will be extended and that the HQ contract will be renegotiated and increased renewables will be a thing of the imagination.

Peace...rjp

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this plan is not authentic, or it is just poorly written.
From Your Caring Scholar,
Galen

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When i was overviewing this plan i realized a couple of spelling errors, some that not ever the employees could not miss. The author of the plan even spelled Vermont wrong (vemont) and left out an apostrophe in renewables. This lead me to think that this plan was not infact real at all, i believe that you have posted false Data on a subject that i so redaly enjoy reading about.
From another Caring scholar, why are you forcing us to read false data.

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why Are You Making Us Read This? Write Me Back Please. What Are We Going To Get Out Of This. Please tell me.

From Your Caring Scholar Once Again, Galen

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Rob Skiff, I'm looking for information and chat about currency trading platform and came across your site. There are some views in Vermont Energy Plan that I can take on board. I used currency trading platform as one of my search terms which is how I came to visit your site. Enjoyed the read, I'll make note to come back again.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Rob Skiff, what a great blog you have here, been entertained by the read. Just noticed that my intended brief time visiting blogs looking for interbank currency trading items has run into a couple of hours. Easily done when you get engrossed in what people write about. I should really use interbank currency trading as a search term but then I might miss places such as Vermont Energy Plan. Besides which working all the time is boring.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello ##NAME# #, just a quickish visit as my in-laws will be here in a mo'. Found you while looking for chart currency trading info. Haven't time for proper read of chart currency trading things so best if I bookmark just now and come back. Even if Vermont Energy Plan isn't what I really want, I always (mostly) enjoy reading blogs. (A visit from the in-laws always brings pleasure; if not in the arrival, then in the departure :-) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home